Hibachi Yakitori Grill | Hibachi Grill
These hibachi yakitori grill are very similar to those sold by Japanese street vendors. Served with a bowl of steaming rice, grilled vegetables and cold beer.
• 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 2 bunches of green onions, washed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup/240ml soy sauce
• 1/2 cup/120ml sake
• 1/4 cup / 60 ml mirin
• 1/3 cup/80ml brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon/5ml freshly grated ginger
Steps To Success
1. Soak about 8 to 10 bamboo sticks in water. Preheat the hibachi yakitori grill. Put the soy sauce, sake, mirin, sugar and ginger in a saucepan and heat until the sugar melts. Remove from the fire and cool.
2. Preheat the hibachi yakitori grill. Skewer chicken and onion slices on skewers, about 4 to 5 slices of chicken.
3. Reserve 1/3 cup/80ml of sauce, pour the rest onto the kebabs and brush well.
4. Place the skewers on a hot hibachi yakitori grill and bake each side for about 3 minutes, or until cooked (internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit).
5. Remove the fork from the heat and serve with the remaining sauce.